Tuesday, February 13, 2018

More Than Enough

I've been reading "She Is Free" by Andi Andrew and the she is laying down TRUTH all day long. But it was these words that hit me square and left a mark:
"Am I serving the God of Just Enough or the God of More Than Enough? Am I operating out of inadequacy, pride or false humility?
I have always subconsciously labeled myself as undeserving- never expecting too much of God's desires for my life. In order to avoid disappointment, I hoped little. I'll have 'just enough' my whole life.
Without knowing it, I had believed a lie that it was selfish to dream big, or dare I say it, even want for more."
This.was.me. All of it. Every word described the Dara of the past.
I set the bar low for my life, so I wouldn't get disappointed. I assumed my best days were behind me. I thought my role as a mama was the ONLY way God was ever going to use me again. I didn't expect to take on any more roles, any more callings, any more purpose.
I thought God was done with me. And I kind of wanted Him to be. I didn't hope for more or believe for better. I convinced myself that I was content, that I was fine, that I was happy. And in many ways I WAS, but in many ways, I certainly was not.
Finally, I got honest with myself, realized the state my soul was REALLY in, and did something about it. I stepped out in faith, became a virtual health and fitness coach, began to share my story, and it's been a WILD, beautiful, hard, purpose-filled journey ever since.
I am NOW serving the God of More Than Enough.
I hope you are too because He is so much MORE, than just enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment