Tuesday, March 25, 2014

How I Became a Beachbody Coach

Becoming a Beachbody coach was something I never thought I would do.  I first heard about the opportunity in 2010 and I scoffed as soon as I heard "multi-level marketing".  Obviously it was a pyramid scheme.  Keep in mind, this was around the time of Mona Vie.  Remember that stuff?  I was very jaded and very skeptical.  Plus I am sure I was the worst salesperson ever.  I couldn't fathom trying to sell products to people, let alone try to recruit other people to sell the products.  No way.  Not me.

Fast forward three years, and one of my closest friends became a Rodan and Fields consultant.  I strongly considered joining her, but felt like I should explore the Beachbody opportunity again since I have a lot more credibility in the fitness industry.  I briefly looked in to it and then I found out I was pregnant with twins and decided I couldn't and shouldn't take anything else on.  Once again, Beachbody went to the back burner of my mind.  

Throughout last year, I noticed on Facebook that Lindsay Matway (who originally approached me about Beachbody back in 2010) seemed to be doing quite well with Beachbody.  Quite well is an understatement.  Lindsay Matway was the #1 coach out of over 100,000 coaches in the company.  I could have kicked myself for not joining her back then.  Who knows where I would have been?

Two months after giving birth to perfect twin boys, Lindsay posted that she was looking for new coaches, and something in me was JUST READY.  So I filled out an application right then, and the rest is history.  

I am enjoying the experience more than I ever could have imagined.  I don't feel like I am selling to people, I feel like I am helping people!  With my personal training background, this job is truly the best of both worlds- staying home with my sweet babies, yet still being able to motivate and inspire others to reach their fitness goals.  As someone who hasn't had a job in five years, the feeling of receiving that first paycheck was priceless.  I am so grateful for Beachbody and the coaching opportunity.  I encourage those of you who are considering it to act now!  Don't be me three years ago!  Who knows where YOU will be three years from now?!

No comments:

Post a Comment