Monday, June 13, 2016

How I Became a Beachbody Coach

Have you ever felt like you lost yourself completely? Or that your personality completely changed?  Have you ever felt like your best years were behind you? Or settled for mediocrity?  

"Who am I?" "What's my purpose?" "What am I supposed to be doing with my life?"  These are phrases commonly associated with adolescence, the struggle of high school, or even the endless possibilities of college.  

But these were questions I was asking myself in my late 20's, happily married to a professional baseball player, new mom to the most beautiful daughter in the world, seemingly living my dream life.  What was wrong with me?  

At the time, I just assumed I had changed.  I assumed my personality had changed.  I delighted in my role as a wife and mother, but accepted that there was nothing outside of that for me.  Any dreams or passions I use to have were gone. 

Here's the thing, contrary to many people's experiences, high school and college were some of the best years of my life.  I was a straight-A student, All-American athlete at the University of Florida, involved in community service and church, and I was surrounded by my best friends all the time.  

I knew exactly who I was and where I was going.  I had a very clear sense of purpose and direction.  My confidence was at a high, some may say it was too high!  : )  I was competitive and passionate, I was disciplined and fun.  I felt like I was living up to all God intended me to be.  

And then I graduated college, worked as a personal trainer for a year, married my husband, and we did baseball life.  We traveled around the country, met incredible friends, and experienced unforgettable moments together.  

But I wasn't DOING anything, and slowly, without being aware, I started changing in to a person I didn't recognize.  I had become lazy and unmotivated.  I was complacent.  I was boring. 

This slow descent started in early 2009, and lasted until January 2014, two months after giving birth to my twin boys.  All the years before, I had been able to ignore the longing to do more, the desire to be more, but neck-deep in diapers, and bottles, and toys, and breast pumps, and sleepless nights, I was desperate for something that was all my own. 

 Fitness had always been important to me, but with 3 children, 2 years old and under, I knew I wouldn't make it to the gym anymore.  I had heard about Beachbody's fitness programs and the coaching opportunity in the past, but had never been interested.  Finally, I decided I should try an at-home program, and if I was going to do it, I might as well become a coach and see if others wanted to do it with me.
  

I had zero expectations and a ton of doubt, but almost immediately, I began to change.  I felt my "old" self start to emerge.  By investing 30 minutes in to myself through fitness, and sharing my journey with others, I became empowered.  I felt passionate and competitive.  By practicing self-discipline in this one area, I found discipline in other areas of my life, as well.  

In short, becoming a Beachbody coach has changed me from the inside-out.  My Beachbody transformation is so much more than physical, it's emotional and spiritual, as well.  I thought God was done using me outside of my family.  I thought I didn't have any influence anymore.  I thought my fun, confident, inspiring years were behind me.  

I was wrong.  So wrong.  I feel more like the wife, mother, and woman God created me to be than I ever have.  I know with certainty I am doing what He has called me to do.  And the best part?  I am having a blast doing it.  

If you are looking for a purpose, for companionship, for confidence, or for your calling to help people, please contact me. I can't wait to help you get started!


No comments:

Post a Comment