Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Choose Your Hard

I just finished Brendon Burchard’s “High Performance Habits” week. It was one of those books where you feel totally inspired, totally ready to take on the world, but at the same time, daunted. How am I going to implement everything I’ve learned? How am I going to live up to this?
And then I take a deep breath (literally), and I remember that I don’t need to do it all at once. I can go back to the very first chapter and start there, one step, one chapter, one habit at a time.
The thing is, living your best life, everyday, all the time is overwhelming to think about. But how much better to be a bit overwhelmed in the pursuit of excellence (not perfection), than to be complacent, never moving forward, and living underwhelmed by your life.
Both ways of living are hard.
Choose your hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment