Monday, May 14, 2018

I Am So Lucky

The other day I was picking up Sienna from school, and I had these three wild things with me. The teacher who walked Sienna to the van (yeah, I’m a van-mom and it’s the best decision we’ve ever made), looked inside, smiled, and said...
“OH you have all of them today! You are so lucky.”
And she’s right. I am so dang lucky. But what struck me about what she said is that it’s so different from what most people say when they see me caravanning around town with my little gang.
Most people look at me with pity or laughter and say something like, “Boy, you have your hands full!”
The stares and comments don’t bother me because they’re right. I DO, in fact, have my hands full. And I will take their pity and receive their laughter. Sometimes I feel pretty pitiful and need all the empathy I can get. And sometimes I’m more than happy to be the circus attraction at Target. ðŸŽ¯
But for this sweet teacher to see me and all my little people in all our messiness and recognize what a GIFT I have been given is something that I have thought about a lot.
I have recalled that moment several times since then...often when I’m frustrated and tired.
I have ALL of them today. I am SO lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment