Monday, June 30, 2014

T25: Rip't Circuit

I was dreading this workout.  All I could think about was Total Body Circuit from the Alpha phase and how hard THAT was.  So prepared for the worst...I pressed "PLAY".  
It wasn't TOO bad!  The whole time, I kept waiting for it to just get horrible, and it didn't!  

It was a very structured workout, which I tend to like.  We did a cardio/plyo, upper body, lower body, and core exercise for one minute each.  You never repeated an exercise, and the flow remained the same throughout the duration of the workout.  You do need a resistance band or dumbbells and a mat, but that's it.  And please don't get me wrong, it was NO walk in the park, but it also doesn't leave you gasping for breath the way Speed 2.0 does.  I appreciated how balanced and thorough it was in distributing pain to all parts of your body ; ) 

My favorite exercise is the 1-leg burpee.  That's right...1 LEG.  And you thought burpees were hard before!  It starts like every other burpee, but when you thrust out, you land on one leg, and jump your feet back to your hands using that same one leg.  Once your legs are back together, you jump off the ground, and repeat the burped, but using the other leg this time.  It's a blast!  

No comments:

Post a Comment