Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Couples Who Sweat Together, Stay Together


Recently, my husband started doing my T25 workouts with me and I can't tell you how much more fun the workouts are, how much quicker they go, and how much harder I work.  

Matt and I have fun working out together (as much fun as you can have sweating buckets at least).  We simultaneously laugh and complain about how hard it is together.  We put on music we enjoy listening to while following Shaun T's cues, we interact with the three children together while we workout (they think watching us workout is hilarious).  

The workouts are only 25 minutes to begin with, but even so…they go by way faster with him by my side, sharing in my misery.  

We are competitive.  I work harder because I have to show off and make sure he knows how physically agile and strong and fit I am!  I press the "pause" button WAY less than when I worked out alone.  

I am loving working out with Matt.  I honestly believe it will benefit our marriage.  It gives us one more thing in common…one more thing to do together.  So do it.  Create the time together.  Make it a habit together.  Your children and future selves will thank you.

There is a great article about this: 
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/09/workout-partner-healthy-couples-valentines-day_n_2638571.html

Post-Workout Tough Faces

Family Workouts



No comments:

Post a Comment