Wednesday, August 8, 2018

What if you succeed?

This quote from Jennie Allen’s, “Restless”, perfectly sums up the beginning of my story. All I wanted was to be a mom, so when the restlessness started creeping in, I felt confused, disheartened, and most of all, guilty.
Discontentment had no place in my absolutely abundant life. Who did I think I was? I was ALREADY living my dream of motherhood…wasn’t it greedy to want more? I had three (now four) littles at home; I didn’t get to dream anymore…at least not for a very long time.
That’s what I thought. But I was wrong. And so are you.
I finally decided to try something. I took a step, scared to death and sure I would fail, but I figured either it would work or it wouldn’t, and then at least I would know.
“Part of knowing where you need to be is knowing where you never need to be. “ Jennie Allen
This girl ^ is who I am looking for. I am looking for the girl who is looking for more. I am looking for the girl who is afraid to jump, but will do it anyways. I am looking for the girl who knows she has value to offer, but doesn’t know where to start. I am looking for the girl who is messy and imperfect and laughs through it all. I am looking for the girl who is brave enough to try.
Maybe this at-home coaching gig won’t be your thing. At least you’ll know.
But here’s my challenge, if you MUST consider everything that could go wrong and all the reasons you will fail, you must ALSO consider everything that could go right. What if you succeeded?

No comments:

Post a Comment