Thursday, September 6, 2018

He is in charge


Remember that time you thought that everything depended on you? That time you thought your family was going to fall apart because you got sick and couldn’t be there to make sure everyone was on schedule? Or that your business was going to fail because of a missed goal or deadline? Or that feeling that you can’t possibly let one of the balls you’re juggling fall to the ground?
Yeah me too. Pretty much everyday. 
And then I read these words and I am instantly reminded of WHO is in charge around here and I am immediately infused with RELIEF and peace...the burden lifted.
“It was by Him that everything was created: the heavens, the earth, all things within and upon them...Every detail was crafted through His design, by His own hands, and for His purposes. He has always been! It is HIS hand that holds everything together.” Colossians 1:16,17
{Cue HUGE sigh of relief, my friends}
Thank God that my life and the lives of my family does NOT depend on Dara LaPorta. Thank Jesus that it is HIS hands that hold everything together, not mine.
These words give us permission to rest, to pause, to say no to frantic and yes to fulfillment, to surrender, to breathe deeply and slowly, and to grasp the peace and joy that is already ours for the taking.

No comments:

Post a Comment