Monday, November 10, 2014

Real World: Bombshell Dynasty



As I pulled up to the mansion, I felt like I was on the Real World or the Bachelor.  I am sure the contestants on those shows felt the excitement, dread, anticipation, unease, and nervousness that I was feeling.  I was the next arrival.  I didn't know ANY of these girls in real life...only through facebook.  

I didn't understand how Lindsay (Matway) had met her best friends through Beachbody.  How could you become best friends with people you only really knew through facebook and saw a few times a year?  How could you develop such a close friendship with strangers?  How could Beachbody weave the stories of these women together in such an intricate way?  

I know now.  I spent three straight days, laughing with, talking to, exchanging ideas, sharing frustrations, goal-setting, and dreaming with 32 women who I would have never known if not for Beachbody.  It was revitalizing, inspiring, and challenging.  I will have a completely different relationship with these girls after this trip.  This weekend was the foundation for some intimate friendships to come.  

Lindsay's leadership continues to amaze me.  She drew people out of their shells.  She encouraged life story-telling that would blow your minds.  She asked the right questions.  She created a safe, peaceful environment where we could be honest with ourselves and others.  

We spent nearly four hours one day writing out our whys and goals and visions.  If you had told me we would be spending FOUR HOURS doing that, I would have groaned in agony.  But it didn't feel that way.  It was so freeing to have the time to truly evaluate yourself and figure out what you really want, and learn how to structure a plan for your dreams.  

I am more excited about Beachbody than ever.  I believe in Beachbody more than ever.  I feel more blessed than ever to have been presented with the opportunity and proud of myself for actually going for it.  

1 comment:

  1. Four hours? I'm impressed! I've been trying to be a better goal-setter but definitely haven't been that thoughtful. Inspirational for sure!!

    ReplyDelete