Thursday, February 4, 2016

Love/Hate

You know it's been a long time since you have blogged when it takes you three times to find the correct URL.  Oops.  

August 31st was my last post.  Over five whole months have gone by.  In some ways I can't believe it's been that long, and then when I saw the actual date...it all made sense.

You see, the second week in September I found out I was pregnant with my 4th baby, and life's been a whirlwind ever since then.  My plate suddenly filled up, my priorities shifted, and where I spent my time was now of the utmost importance.  Blogging clearly didn't make the must-do list the last few months : ) 

But now I am ready (I think).  

The thing is, I have a love/hate relationship with blogging.  I am filled with ideas, thoughts I want to express, dreams I want to share, and struggles I want to relate.  It's IN me.  I enjoy expressing myself in writing, I don't mind getting vulnerable and raw.  But somehow sitting down and actually doing the writing is what holds me up.  

A motto I've recently adopted says, "Done is better than perfect."  I am quite sure this needs to directly relate to my blogging habit (or lack thereof).  In the past, the pursuit of the perfect words or topics or grammar or eye-catching images have paralyzed me.  They have turned writing, this thing I love, in to a burden.  

So I've decided to start again.  I'm ready to commit to sharing my life (whether you want to hear it or not).  But I will not set lofty expectations, I will not let this be a burden...not this time.  



2 comments: