Saturday, February 6, 2016

Sienna

I know it's impossible to record every sweet moment and commit to memory every silly face, but I am compelled to try harder.  I need to write down what I can, share their stories, and one day re-live the beautiful minutes of these exhausting, frustrating, and very long days with three little ones.  

Sienna...

My stunning, sparkling, spunky little lady...enough words are hard to come by when it comes to describing her.  

She is nurturing.  As if she doesn't have her hands and heart full enough with her two younger brothers, she constantly has "babies" (stuffed animals and dolls) she is tending to.  She also never ceases to love on the real-life babies of my friends.  

She is an amazing big sister.  I keep thinking she will start preferring one twin over the other, or developing a stronger bonder with either Price or Maddox, but truly, she adores them both.  She gives affection, love, and plenty of bossy instructions equally.  I can tell she will always be their biggest fan (besides Matt and I, of course), and they in turn worship the ground she walks on.  

She is bossy.  Yeah, I said it.  I believe wholeheartedly, this "bossiness" is a strong indication of leadership and influence, but sometimes, she is just plain bossy.  Of course she bosses her brothers around, but she definitely tries to have her way with Matt and I also.  For example, when I play with her (usually I am helping her watch her babies), I can never seem to do or say the right thing.  One time I wasn't allowed to speak or hold the baby for the duration of the time we were "playing" together.  And she wonders why "playing babies" is not my favorite activity.  

She is observant and sensitive and helpful.  It's like she KNOWS when I've been pushed too far for the day, and she decides to be as sweet and helpful as possible.  There was this one instance a few week ago that I haven't been able to stop thinking about.  I was holding an inconsolable Maddox, who knocked a bowl full of nuts out of my hand and all over our laps.  Sienna swooped in, and said, "Mom, I'll clean this up."  Naturally, I still started picking up an assortment of cashews and almonds, but she stopped me and said, "Mommy, you don't have to help.  I will do it." I remember feeling overwhelmed by her kindness, sensitivity, and awareness.  

She is smart.  Honestly, she's not one of those four year olds who is already reading and doing multiplication tables, but she is smart in other ways.  She remembers everything.  She is very aware of others' feelings.  She creates and finds solutions to problems.  This sounds so pompous or even silly, but I feel like she has already gained a sense of wisdom in her four short years.  

She is capable.  She can dress herself, clean her room, make her bed, and brush her teeth.  Now obviously, she doesn't always attend to these responsibilities willingly or happily, but she can and does do them.  I can rely on her to play and entertain her brothers.  Honestly, if for some awful reason, she was left to care for the boys alone for a few hours, I feel certain she would be absolutely fine.  

Sienna loves to talk and sing.  She loves to have your undivided attention for as long as you'll allow it.  She loves her brothers.  She is affectionate, verbally and physically.  She loves going to church.  She loves animals...dogs, frogs, squirrels, cats, fish, tigers, penguins, lizards, you name it.  She loves watching TV and movies.  She loves her grandparents (Papa, Nonna, Papa, and Granny) and her Aunt Nina and Uncle Brent.  She loves sweets and snacks.  She loves playing with friends and meeting new people.  She loves gum.  

Sienna is a delight.  I think I have been using this word to describe my first born ever since she came in to the world, but it remains true.  Her mix of sweetness and humor and spice never cease to make for an entertaining day.  




No comments:

Post a Comment