Friday, May 1, 2015

Core Move of the Week: V-Ups

The first time I ever did a V-Up, I was ten years old and it was part of our conditioning at gymnastics practice.  The first time, I am sure I could barely bring my fingers and toes together.  But three years later, I was doing 200 of these babies a day!  It has remained one of my favorite and most challenging ab exercises!  

  • Begin on your back with your feet together in front of you, and your arms by your ears.
  • Raise your feet just inches above the ground
  • Simultaneously, raise your upper body and lower body off the ground, touching your toes at the top, creating a "V".  
  • Lower your legs and arms back down, keeping your feet OFF the ground.
  • Repeat. 
  • Do as many as you can : )
Check out the video for a visual demonstration and modification!

No comments:

Post a Comment