Monday, August 18, 2014

The 3 Day Refresh: Day 1


Starting weight: 116.7 pounds

CONFESSION: I have not been looking forward to this cleanse or excited about it or even very motivated to do it.  I am not a "cleanse" type of person and I am not trying to lose weight, so my only motivations is the truth that my body really could use a REFRESH because I don't always consume the cleanest foods.

Breakfast (7:30 AM): 1 scoop of chocolate Shakeology, 10 oz water, 1/2 banana

I LOVE Shakeology, but I make no secret about the fact that I do not like it with just water.  

Fiber Sweep (10:30 AM): I had prepared myself for the worst on this drink, and because of that it wasn't as bad as I thought.  But don't get me wrong, I did not enjoy it.  

Lunch (12:30 PM): Vanilla Fresh shake, 10 oz water, 1/2 peach, 1 cup of cooked spinach, 2 tbsp of hummus

I am not a fan of the Vanilla Fresh shake, as I don't care for the flavor.  

Snack (3:30 PM): 1 cup of cooked spinach, 2 tbsp of hummus

Dinner (5:30 PM): Vanilla Fresh shake w/ 10 oz water, 1 1/2 cups steamed broccoli, 1/4 tsp coconut oil, 1/8 teaspoon salt

I enjoyed being able to eat the veggies, fruit and healthy fats throughout the day.  Unfortunately, those were the highlights.  I was not hungry for the whole day, but there were periods where I was.  I for sure need to eat dinner later because I am pretty hungry right now as I type this.  

I have learned and realized how much I depend on food for fun and for emotional reasons.  I had a rough day with the kids, and felt overwhelmed and stressed, and BOY, did that make me want to eat!  I also realized how often and easy it is to grab a handful of pretzels or goldfish or finish their sandwich...whatever it is you're feeding your kids.  By NOT doing that today, I learned how habitual it is for me to do that and RELY on those "snacks" as a big part of my nutrition.

If I am being TOTALLY vulnerable and honest, I am not sure I can do this for three days.  I just don't like cleanses.  I don't like feeling like I am forbidden from even eating anything healthy!  Also, my husband is not too thrilled about me doing it.  He is worried that I will lose too much weight.  Does my body need to reset?  Yes.  Is this the best way for ME to do it?  I'm not sure.

I will keep you posted on my progress tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment