Tuesday, August 19, 2014

The 3 Day Refresh: Day 2

Weight: 114.9

After yesterday (Day 1), I honestly wasn't sure if I would continue on.  I was going to see how I felt this morning, and go from there.  I am happy and proud to say that I am still going!  There are a few reasons, I decided to continue.

1. I am leading a challenge group were I have several other women and men doing this with me.  Accountability is amazing because I honestly would have felt like I was letting those people down, had I quit.  I wanted to lead by example, and therefore, pressed on.

2. I knew what to expect today.  I knew the times I would be hungry, I knew what all the shakes and drinks tasted like, so I was able to adjust my expectations and plan better for today.

3. I decided to gain control of my joy.  This has been eye-opening to how much I depend on food for my happiness.  It's embarrassing to even type that statement out, but it's true.  Yesterday and today I was not very hungry, but I was still irritable.  And it's because I didn't feel satisfied.  Why, oh why does such a huge part of my fulfillment and satisfaction come from FOOD?!

Today was not very different, except that I did stretch my meals out a little further, so that I ate my dinner at 6:15 PM instead of 5:30 PM.  I also bought some herbal peppermint tea that I drank in the afternoon and the evening after dinner.  Both of these changes made a significant difference throughout my day. 


Dinner: Asparagus, olive oil, sliced almonds,
and sea salt

My afternoon snack of cucumbers and hummus

No comments:

Post a Comment