Sunday, August 10, 2014

Accountability Is the Name of the Game


I have been in a workout rut for the last few weeks.  It started when a few of my PiYo DVDs were not working properly.  I found that was an excellent excuse for skipping a few workouts.  Since then, I just haven't been that motivated!  Again, there are a couple reasons for this.  My husband has been very busy, so he's skipping his workouts, leaving me to work out alone.  Also, P90X3 and T25 spoiled me with their 30 minutes or less workouts.  Man, some of those PiYo workouts are too long for my short attention span!  It makes me wonder how I ever went to the gym for well over an hour.  

So, how do I get my workouts in even when I am not motivated?  I get it done quickly.  Once all three of my children are fed, I pop that DVD in and press "PLAY" before someone has  a melt down, requiring my attention, and thus giving me another great excuse to skip.  Some mornings, I even wake up early to get it in before the kids wake up.  There are just those days I know that if I don't do it earlier, I will not do it.  

But what really kicks me in the butt to get my workout in?  Accountability.  As a Beachbody coach, I host challenge groups.  And everyday I post inspiration and tips and "assignments" for my challengers in order to help them stay motivated to do their workouts.  How can I not also do mine?  How can I also not make my workout a priority when I am asking them to?  

Accountability is powerful.  Accountability to yourself and to others will be the catalyst for the changes you want to see in your life...in every area.  Write out your goals, speak to a friend, join a challenge group, hire a personal trainer, and FIND ACCOUNTABILITY, whatever that looks to you.  






No comments:

Post a Comment