Saturday, March 28, 2015

21 Day Fix Diary: My Why


I have a confession.  It's a dirty, terrible, little secret.  I am a Beachbody coach and I have NEVER done the 21 Day Fix...until three days ago that is.  

Not one workout and zero attempts at the nutrition plan.  I didn't even own the program until last week.  

I have lead 21 Day Fix groups and I was my challengers' greatest cheerleaders, providing encouragement and motivation along the way.  But I couldn't really relate until I walked in their shoes and put the little colored containers to the test.  

I have justified to myself that I didn't need to lose weight, so it would be unnecessary for me to do the program.  I told myself that I was in maintenance mode, so I shouldn't deprive myself.  

The truth is, I did not WANT to discipline myself.  I did not want give up the sweets I had been indulging in much too frequently.  I did not want to put in the effort and planning and work it takes to FUEL your body with quality calories.  I did not want to take the narrow road.  I wanted to take the WIDE OPEN, no rules, easy road.  

So what changed?  Cancun.  Matt and I leave for Cancun in 18 days now.  He, especially, wanted to make some nutrition changes, and I knew it was time to support him, and more importantly, support my challengers by taking on this challenge.  

So on Wednesday, March 25, we began.  

I feel the need to state my intentions and my purpose.  


  • Though I am not trying to lose any weight, I do want to be in peak physical condition as we approach our Cancun trip.  
  • I have decided to do this because although I eat decently healthy, I have allowed myself too many sweets, and have zero self-control when I am eating out. 
  • I think it's important to challenge yourself, and take control of an area, you know you have developed some bad habits in.  
  • Nutrition is my greatest struggle, so it is an area where I have plenty of room to improve. 
  • I am not calorie-cutting, but I am managing quality control of the calories I ingest.  
  • For me the 21 Day Fix is about giving my body the calories and pursuing inward health, not attaining an outwardly physical goal.  
Thank you for bearing with me through those statements, as I wanted to be sure that those reading understand my motive and will not question my decision to "diet".  This is a lifestyle I aim to actively pursue.  

118 pounds





No comments:

Post a Comment