Friday, March 6, 2015

Self-Help


I rolled my eyes when my mentor asked me to read a book called "The Slight Edge" by Jeff Olsen.  Really?!  A self-help book?  Come on.  What can that book really teach me?  

My attitude just over a year ago is disgusting to me now.  How egotistical, how ignorant, how stubborn could I have possibly been?  I read faith-based books.  I read books about how to grow in my relationship with God, but I never read books about how to have more success, earn more money, or become a better leader.  

The Slight Edge changed my opinion on these so-called "self-help" books forever.  Since reading The Slight Edge, I have read many personal development books including Developing the Leader Within, Start With Why, Go Pro, Entreleadership, The Compound Effect, and now I am excited to dig in to The Best Yes.  

These books have made me realize just how much room I have to grow and improve!  What started as motivation to strengthen my business skills has now infiltrated all areas of my life.  Reading books like these have made me a better wife, a more attentive mother, a more grateful daughter, and a more thoughtful friend.  

So if you...like me...thought you already had your stuff together, let me assure you...you probably don't!  : )  I encourage you to pick up a great personal development book, and prepare to be amazed by how it positively impacts your life!  

If you need recommendations, comment below or get in touch with me on facebook!  


No comments:

Post a Comment