Sunday, February 8, 2015

Insanity Max 30 Review: Week 5

The theme of the week was "grace".  Actually "grace" would be a perfect theme for this entire program.  Grace has been my motivator this week.  Grace has been the reason I actually did all five workouts this week.  This is getting confusing, isn't it?  Let me explain.  

I would not have done ONE workout this week, if I thought I had to PUSH myself until I passed out.  I would not have finished any of these workouts if I put too much pressure on myself to be ALL IN for the entire 30 minutes.  There are some days that I went in to my workout saying, "I will push until I max out, but after that, I am only going to do what I can."  My motto for the week was "Something is better than nothing".  Even if I maxed out at 5 minutes (because yes, that happened), and I only modified for the remaining 25 minutes, that had to be OKAY.  And it was.  Because something is better than nothing.  I gave myself grace to just do what I could, when I could.  

That being said, week 1 of month 2 was as difficult and painful as I feared.  These 5 new workouts humbled me, just as I was starting to get a little cocky at the end of month 1, month 2 sat me right back down on my butt.  Literally.  

I lasted the longest on Monday doing Max Out Cardio.  Tuesday's workout of Max Out Power, Thursday's workout of Max Out Strength, and Friday's workout of Friday Fight: Round 2 had me GONE by 6 minutes.  6 minutes?!  Seriously.  In Wednesday's Max Out Sweat, I posted a very average time of 9:19.  Friday Fight Round 2 is by far the hardest workout I've ever done.  Ever.  I can't think of one person physically fit enough to finish that workout without maxing out.  It was one cardio/power element after another.  Unbelievable.  I will absolutely DREAD the next three Fridays until this program is over!  

I can also say with 99% certainty, that at the end of this program, I will be in the best shape of my life since being a Division I, All-American pole-vaulter at the University of Florida.  I have to give it to Shaun T in that I would have never imagined you could work out this hard in your own home with no added equipment.  Impressive or scary?  

Check out my youtube review here!


No comments:

Post a Comment