Wednesday, April 8, 2015

21 Day Fix Diary: Day 15

I am going to shoot you straight.  Week 2 was tough for me. I had too many "scheduled" cheat meals, and too many unscheduled little cheats.  On Easter Sunday, especially, I lost control.  I overindulged in the Peanut Butter M&Ms just staring at me out of the little glass bowl.  I ate too much ham and hash brown casserole.  And then of course I HAD to have a good sized serving of my home-made strawberry shortcake, right?!  




The point is, in week 1, I was very comfortable with my scheduled cheat meals, and proud of myself for sticking to them and not over-doing it.  But I went too far this week.  And you know what the kicker is?  I like ham, but I don't love it.  The food served at our Easter Sunday dinner was good, but not cheat-worthy.  

Sunday night, Matt and I have came to the conclusion that there are certain foods that are absolutely worth every calorie ingested.  Cheeseburgers, french fries, pizza, a GREAT Cuban sandwich (we ARE from Tampa), a dynamite Italian dish, hot chocolate chip cookies, Bananas Foster Butter cake (yeah, that exists), and a few other meals will be our go-to cheat meals.  These are the foods we most enjoy, crave, and bring us more happiness than they should.  




Beyond that, it's not even worth it.  Beyond that, as disciplined individuals, we SHOULD be able to stick to reasonable portion sizes and not over-do it.  THAT is why I was disappointed in myself.  Don't waste a scheduled cheat meal on foods that aren't your FAVORITES!  

Okay, I am off my soapbox now : )

In other news, I did make some breakthroughs this week.  In week 1, I had this fear of being hungry and not having enough containers left for the end of the day, so I wouldn't eat ENOUGH at the beginning of the day, leaving me hungry and grouchy.  

Finally, I decided to eat my meals and spread out my containers more effectively.  I enjoy a yellow container (carb) at lunch.  Instead of using a fruit in my shakeology, I blend my shakeology with just milk, leaving me an extra fruit for my afternoon snack.  I also do two dinners!  I eat at around 4PM and 7PM, which staves off the late-afternoon and late-night hunger pangs I was feeling before.  

With this new plan for my meals and my new perspective on cheat meals WORTH having, I am excited for week 3 and can approach it with confidence and hope instead of dread.  
I continue to be amazed by the 21 Day Fix, its practicality and effectiveness!  

Here is my weekly food log!  



No comments:

Post a Comment