Wednesday, April 1, 2015

A Year of Shakeology

I have been drinking Shakeology for almost a year now and have made a shake nearly every single day.  This sounds so cliché, but I literally don’t know what I ate before Shakeology.  I have come to depend on it so entirely for one of my main meals, that some days I am at a complete loss as to what I would eat for that particular meal if I didn’t have Shakeology.  I know for certain, it would probably be a whole lot less nutritious.  If I had to guess, it would be another peanut butter and jelly sandwich or bowl of cheerios.  Yikes. 




Everyone wants to know what is IN Shakeology, but I prefer to talk first about what is NOT in Shakeology.

  • ·      No artificial sweeteners
  • ·      No artificial colors
  • ·      No soy
  • ·      No artificial stimulants
  • ·      No artificial flavors


Okay, so what IS in Shakeology?

  • ·      70 superfoods including wheat grass, chia seed, goji berries, and maca root
  • ·      Stevia: a whole, plant based, natural sweetener
  • ·      Most of Shakeology’s ingredients are imported from their countries of origin.


So all of these facts and figures may not mean much to you, and I don’t blame you.  But what I haven’t told you is what Shakeology has done for me, personally, and why I love it so much.

So why do I love Shakeology?

   It is a NOT just a protein shake, but a TRUE dense, nutritious meal replacement shake.
   It is not a "lose weight quick" gimmick.  You WILL lose weight if you replace a meal with it, but there is nothing in it that will make you lose weight.  
   One shake is like eating five plates of salad!  It has the equivalent of approximately 9-11 vegetable servings in each shake,
   I am a busy mom, and most of my nutrition comes from half-eaten peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and stale goldfish.  I LOVE drinking my Shakeology knowing that whatever else I ate that day, I had an easy and healthy choice in my shake.  
   It has definitely curbed my post-dinner sweet tooth.
   It keeps me full for AT LEAST three hours.  
   The chocolate, strawberry, and greenberry flavors are
DELICIOUS!  The only flavor I do not like at all is vanilla. 

Shakeology has also been known to aid digestive issues and improve immune systems.  I will drink Shakeology until I'm 80 because that is how long I will need a consistent source of whole food vitamins and superfoods.  I don't claim it as a miracle drink and neither does Beachbody.  That's WHY I love it.  Shakeology is just a ridiculously healthy, dense, and very convenient meal replacement option.  


I am the first to admit that there are other shakes and smoothies out there that are less expensive than Shakeology.  But make sure you aren’t comparing apples to oranges.  People are too quick to only look at the carbs, proteins, and fats, without paying attention to the  actual ingredients they are about to consume.  Most healthy meals will range from $3-$7, and Shakeology comes to about $4.30 per shake.  Shakeology is actually not expensive at all depending on how you use it, and how much you value the quality of the shake you are ingesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment