Wednesday, April 1, 2015

21 Day Fix Diary: Day 8

I made it through ONE WEEK of the 21 Day Fix!  I know I am a Beachbody coach, and I know I am supposed to be super disciplined, blah, blah blah.  But I do NOT like restricting myself when it comes to eating.  I am the type of person who would prefer to work out really hard and then eat whatever I want.  

Unfortunately, that rarely produces the kind of results you need.  Physically, it may work for a short time, but eventually bad nutrition will catch up with you.  As they say, you can't out work a bad diet.  And besides your physical appearance, it's just not HEALTHY to indulge in whatever you want whenever you want.  




And isn't that what it's all about?  A well rounded, healthy, balanced lifestyle?  That should always be the goal...though the perks of a six-pack come swimsuit season don't hurt either!

I made it through week one with only 1 cheat meal and very few "little cheats" along the way.  In some ways, I can't believe it!  The week went by pretty quickly.  For me, I noticed that up until about 2 or 3 o'clock, I felt really good.  As a matter of fact, my nutrition plan is very similar to how I used to eat BEFORE I started the 21 Day Fix. 

But come late afternoon, after a long day with the kids, I am ready to eat.  I want to eat my handfuls of pretzels as a late afternoon snack, I want a double portion at dinner, and I want my late night sweet snack.  

Those have been my biggest struggles.  I have had to be diligent about spacing out each meal, so that I have enough left over for the end of the day.  And it's really worked!  

Okay, so I'm not going to lie, there are times when I have been legitimately hungry.  Not bored, not thirsty, not emotional, JUST hungry.  In those cases, I have snuck myself an extra fruit (purple).  

I lost 3.5 pounds, seemingly plateauing at 115 pounds.  I don't have any reason to want to dip lower than that, so starting this week I am going to bump myself up to the next calorie bracket which will allow me one more veggie (green), fruit (purple), carb (yellow), and 2 more tsp (oil, nut butters).  

This week will also be a tough week in terms of scheduled cheating.  I have a Bible study potluck tonight, date night on Friday night, and Easter dinner on Sunday!  My plan as of now, is to do my absolute best those days with my first few meals, and then let myself indulge, but REASONABLY.  I can't make any promises though!  It will certainly be interesting to see where I am at at the end of week two.  

I am LOVING the workouts.  This workout plan is quickly becoming one of my favorites.  It is challenging, but not miserable.  I finally caved and bought two sets of dumbbells (5lbs and 10lbs), and I am really enjoying using weights again as part of my workouts.  I know my body will respond well, and I am excited to see and feel the difference!

In some ways, two weeks feels like a long time to keep this up, but with my scheduled cheats and upping my calories bracket, I KNOW I can do it.  Overall, this plan is very do-able.  Some days it feels really hard, but some days it feels really easy.  

Below are some pictures of meals and my food log!  




Buffalo Chicken Pita
Whole Wheat Pita (1 Yellow)
Chicken (1 Red)
Hot Sauce (Free)
Shredded Cheddar (1 Blue)


Spinach (1 Green)
Cucumbers and Tomatoes (1 Green)
Chicken (1 Red)
Creamy Herb Dressing (1/2 Orange)
Balsamic Vinegar (Free)

Packed lunch and snack for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment