Tuesday, July 15, 2014

PiYo: Define--Lower Body

I JUST finished this workout.  It wasn't as difficult as I had anticipated.  I expected my legs to be shaking like crazy by the end, but that was not the case.  Now, I am more flexible than most people, so maybe that's why this particular workout wasn't as challenging for me.  

So was it worth it?  Absolutely.  Though I wasn't doing hundreds of squats and lunges, Chalene makes sure that the exercises you are doing...you are doing right.  There is no cheating, no taking the easy way out.  The most challenging aspect for me keeping my hips square.  My hips are much more flexible than my hamstrings, so it is easy for me to want to turn my hips out instead of keeping them square and making the hamstring WORK.  I wasn't drenched with sweat, my legs weren't shaking, but my hamstrings were ON FIRE.  

This kind of workout is going to be extremely different than a T25 or P90X3, but no less important.  My flexibility, range of motion, and posture will see huge benefits from PiYo.  I am really excited to to see what the rest of the week brings.  

No comments:

Post a Comment