Monday, July 7, 2014

Tony Horton Photo Opp

P90X3 is the FIRST Beachbody program I have ever done and I LOVED it despite the fact that I wanted to punch Tony Horton in the face half the time.  Not only does he make you work REALLY hard, but he cracks super cheesy jokes while he's ordering you around.  Not a good combination.  

At Coach Summit, I had the opportunity to meet him and take a picture with him.  I had big ideas about how this would go.  I would very casually saunter over, making sure I don't look too impressed or over-awed.  I would take a fun picture with him...you know, something involving me pretending to kick him in the face.  And then walk away, cool as a cucumber.  

This isn't exactly how it went.  I.got.nervous.  Seriously?!  I was nervous to meet that goofball.  I wanted him to like me, and I wanted him to know that I had been pregnant with twins and how P90X3 helped me get back to "ME".  As I walked up to him, he grasped my shoulders and said, "Well hey there, Shoulders McGee!"  Such a Tony-esque line, but it made me feel so good that he thought I had nice shoulders.  I was shocked!  We went on to discuss how I was a pole-vaulter, and I was so flustered that I stood next to him, smiled, and that was our picture.  Side by side, cheesy smiles on both of our faces.  How terribly disappointing to walk away knowing I behaved like a 15 year old girl at a One Direction concert.  {SIGH}  


No comments:

Post a Comment