Tuesday, July 8, 2014

T25: Core Cardio

Due to a few missed workouts over the past few weeks, it had been a while since my husband and I done the Core Cardio workout.  This is NOT a workout to skip out on because doing it today, felt like I was doing it for the first time.  And.I.struggled.  

It was one of those workouts where I did NOT miss an opportunity to take a "justifiable break".  Oh, I need to go to the bathroom.  Sure, I'll turn the volume down.  Oops, the baby is getting too close to the DVD player!  Every chance I got, I stopped doing what I was supposed to be doing in order to catch my breath and give my poor, weary, jello-esque legs a break.  

Core Cardio is a bruiser.  There isn't much to dissect here.  Any possible way to kick, jump, lunge, hop, squat, turn, or skip...you do.  You do each exercise for 30 seconds each for the entire 25 minutes.  The only time you aren't jumping or squatting or kicking is during a short plank series near the very end of the workout.  But don't be fooled.  It's not a break.  By that time, just standing up straight is difficult, let alone planking.  

And it's called Core Cardio because besides your legs AND torso will be screaming in unison.  Who's up for the challenge?!  

No comments:

Post a Comment