Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Tips For Making It Through Your Workout

I have been working out at home and pressing play for 6 months now (wow, I can't believe its been 6 months!).  Throughout that time, I have realized that it's very easy to just stop when things get hard.  Or just stand there and mutter curses under your breath (or out loud) at Tony Horton or Shaun T (or was that just me?).

The point is, I have come up with a system to make it through your workout while giving yourself a kind of break, so you don't die.  

Here are my tips:

1. Modify the exercise.  If they are doing squat jumps, just do the squats.  If they are doing tuck jumps, just jump in place.  If they are lunging low, just pulse at the top of your lunge.

2. Give yourself a 10 second break and then start again.  If the countdown clock was at 10:25, I would say to myself, "Okay, I am going to stop, but at 10:15, I am jumping right back in- full throttle".

3. Just move.  If they are jumping on one foot across the room (because, yes, that happens sometimes), jog around the room.  Continue moving.  March in place.  Walk around.  Moving is better than stopping.  Moving is better than standing still.  Moving is better than quitting.  

4. Press pause.  Take a bathroom break.  Get more water.  And when you are ready (no more than 2 minutes break), press play, and go at it again!

I always tell my customers...just make it to the end.  Watch the clock turn 0:00.  And the next day...do the same thing and try to modify less, take less breaks, press pause less, and YOU WILL see improvement.  It will get easier.  You will get closer and closer to your fitness and health goals.  But you have to press play every single day.  You have to finish every single day.  





No comments:

Post a Comment